CPA UK's mission is to strengthen parliamentary democracy.
CPA UK, a first-class organisation, will be a known and trusted UK parliamentary strengthening partner for HMG and other non-governmental organisations, delivering high quality, innovative and effective capacity-building programmes that provide value for money.
Westminster parliamentarians will wish to work with CPA UK to deliver international parliamentary outreach, conferences and projects.
CPA UK will be a key contributor to and advocate for parliamentary support and strengthening across an expanding Commonwealth, and elsewhere internationally, with particular reference to parliamentary practice, procedure and the role of parliamentarians, clerks and officials.
CPA UK's Strategy
- to strengthen parliamentary democracy by undertaking international parliamentary outreach work on behalf of the Houses of Parliament and the wider CPA
- to contribute to sustainable development and poverty reduction through parliamentary strengthening work which supports democracy, good governance, human rights and environmental protection
- to further co-operation between Commonwealth and non-Commonwealth parliaments and legislatures, and other democratically elected institutions
- to communicate the work of CPA UK and enhance the profile of the Houses of Parliament, the Commonwealth, the CPA and CPA UK
CPA UK's Values and Principles
- Teamwork and professionalism: to work together to make all with whom we work enjoy excellent programmes and service from CPA UK
- Commitment: to commit to our and work and the importance of the programmes we deliver
- Recognition: to ensure that each team member is valued, working for a first-class organisation in a unique environment
- Accountability and Value for Money: to demonstrate accountability and obtain value for money in our programmes